The AppsFlyer Performance Index XII is out, and AdAction received rankings on several of the indices. In its 12th edition, the Index analyzed 580 media sources, 29 billion installs, and over 16,000 apps. Along with AdAction, app marketing’s biggest names had listings, such as Google Ads, Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Snapchat, and Tik Tok.
Table of Content
These rankings serve as a barometer on the mobile app marketing ecosystem. For the sixth consecutive time, AdAction had multiple placings.
About the Indices and Rankings
The AppsFlyer Performance Index reports rankings per region, category, and platform. It includes five indices:
- Retention Index: A source’s ability to drive loyal users at scale.
- IAP (In-App-Purchases) Index: A source’s ability to deliver paying users.
- IAA (In-App Advertising) Index: A source’s ability to monetize users.
- Growth Index: The fastest-growing media sources by regions, excluding the top 10 for each region.
- Remarketing Index: A source’s ability to deliver high-quality users at scale via remarketing campaigns.
For each index, there is a Power Rank and Volume Rank.
We placed on three indices: Retention, IAP, and IAA.
We had 23 rankings on the Retention index across gaming and non-gaming, globally and for specific regions.
Here are some highlights.
- Global, Android & iOS: Power (28) and Volume (19)
- Global, iOS: Power (14) and Volume (11)
- Global, Android & iOS: Power (22) and Volume (15)
Gaming Casual Group
North America, iOS: Power (15) and Volume (10)
Non-Gaming All Categories Global
- Android & iOS: Power (20) and Volume (15)
- iOS: Power (12) and Volume (8)
Non-Gaming Life & Culture
- Latin America, Android & iOS: Power (10) and Volume (10)
- Global, iOS: Power (12) and Volume (9)
Non-Gaming Utility Group
- Global, Android & iOS: Power (7) and Volume (7)
- North America, Android & iOS: Power (8) and Volume (5)
- Western Europe, Android & iOS: Power (6) and Volume (5)
- Western Europe, iOS: Power (6) and Volume (5)
Gaming All Categories, North America, Android & iOS: Power (17) and Volume (20)
All Categories, Global, Android & iOS: Power (31) and Volume (18)
The rankings included activity from July to December 2020, evaluating:
- 580 media networks
- 29 billion installs
- 16,000 apps with a minimum of 3,000 non-organic installs
- 60 billion app opens
AppsFlyer only considered sources meeting specific criteria regarding volume and non-fraudulent installs.
Key Findings from the AppsFlyer Performance Index XII
Through the analysis of data, AppsFlyer also shared some critical insights about app marketing:
- CPI (cost per install) spikes resulted in a 20% drop in iOS installs.
- Google saw growth in Android and Remarketing, but Facebook wins on quality across all indices.
- Tik Tok has significant growth in iOS gaming, showing a 37% increase in the global gaming pie share and a 55% uplift in the number of gaming apps on its platform.
- Snapchat broke into the top five in non-gaming for the first time.
You can read about all the significant takeaways by downloading the report.
AdAction Shows Growth with Increased Rankings
In total, we had 25 individual rankings on the AppsFlyer Performance Index XII, which outpaces our placements on the 11th Edition. CEO Brian Fox commented on the achievement, “It’s great to be recognized once again by such a credible and well-analyzed industry report. Our increases in category rankings demonstrate our ability to deliver diverse, incremental, scalable, and high-quality mobile app marketing campaigns.”
To view more app promotion tips: