Aluminum alloy die-casting products are mainly used in electronics, cars, motors, and some communication industries. Of course, the primary use is still in the parts of some equipment. So what should we pay attention to in the die-casting of aluminum alloy?
- Consider the issue of demolding,
- Considering the wall thickness of aluminum alloy die-casting, too much thickness will affect the filling
- In the structure, try to avoid the appearance of the structure that causes the mold structure to be messy, and have to use multiple core pulling or spiral core pulling
- The appearance of some die castings may have special requirements, such as oil injection
- Consider the mold problem when designing. Assuming there are multiple orientations of core-pulling positions, try to put both ends, preferably not in the lower position of the core-pulling, so that the aluminum alloy die-casting will cause problems with the core-pulling.
Pay special attention to the following points in the use of aluminum alloy die-casting molds:
- It is very troublesome to organize the parting surface of the mold, and it is also very simple to ignore. Assuming that the boss has a high starting point and buys a good mold, then the job is much easier. If the quality of the mold is not good, it is produced. It is inevitable that there will be flashes or dirt on the parting surface of the mold. The operator should always tidy up these parts and equip a small spatula at any time.
Assuming that the flash is not removed in time, the parting surface of the mold is simply collapsed, and the aluminum is formed in the production process. Once this result is formed, no matter how good a mold repair expert you are, the possibility of complete repair is very small. Yes, it’s not that they don’t have the skills.
The emergence of the achievements made by running aluminum not only increases the cost of die-casting, wastes the aluminum in vain, and the product quality is also unstable, especially the internal quality. It also increases the difficulty of confirming the process parameters, and the pass rate will drop a lot. From safety considerations, Increased the chance of work-related injuries.
During the shift, the operator thoroughly cleans the parting surface of the mold with kerosene, which not only prevents the mold from being crushed, but also after cleaning, the mold can be blocked by the residue of the release agent or other dirt. The exhaust groove is opened, which is conducive to the discharge of the gas in the cavity during the injection process to advance the product quality. It is advisable for a team to clean the parting surface twice. Let employees develop an outstanding habit.
- When each team takes over, check carefully according to the “Mold Check List” of our company, and solve the problems in time to avoid unnecessary troubles for themselves.
- Application of mold cooling system. When the mold cooling water is used correctly, it not only extends the service life of the mold, but also improves the metal machining efficiency. In actual production, we often neglect its importance. The operators also try to save energy. If it is too troublesome to connect and connect, they will not connect the cooling water pipe. Some companies even save the cost when customizing the mold. Cooling water then constitutes a very serious result.
The material of the mold is generally made of special mold steel through various treatments, and even the best mold steel has its limits of use, such as temperature. When the mold is in use, assuming that the mold temperature is too high, it is very simple that tortoise cracks appear on the surface of the mold core early, and some molds even have large areas of tortoise cracks before they exceed 2000 times.
Even during the production of the mold, the color of the mold core changed because the mold temperature was too high. After measurement, it even reached more than 400 degrees. When this temperature is quenched by the release agent, it is very easy to crack, and the product is produced. It is also briefly deformed, strained, sticky and other conditions appear.
Under the condition of using mold cooling water, the use of mold release agent can be greatly reduced, so that the operator will not use mold release agent to lower the temperature of the mold. The advantage is that it can effectively extend the life of the mold, save the die-casting cycle, improve the quality of the product, reduce the occurrence of mold sticking, strain and aluminum sticking, and reduce the use of mold release agents. It can also reduce the loss of ejector pins and cores due to overheating of the mold.
- It is necessary to preheat the mold during the initial production machining to avoid the occurrence of turtle cracks when the cold mold suddenly encounters hot molten metal. The messy mold can use blowtorch and liquefied gas, and the conditions are good. For the mold temperature machine, the simpler mold can be preheated by slow injection.
- Assuming that the mold is equipped with neutron control, be careful to prevent the signal line between the die casting machine and the mold from being connected. The reason is very clear. In daily production, it is difficult to avoid water on the signal line, which may be caused by the joints. The local is simply broken.
Then the composition is short-circuited with the machine tool. If a signal error is formed, it will alarm and proactively stop and delay the time, or the signal will be disordered and the mold will be broken. Constitute unnecessary discards. Pay attention to the waterproof of the travel switch.
The design principle of the die-casting mold runner system should be summarized from the gooseneck to the gate to avoid sharp corners, and the runner surface should be smooth to reduce resistance and maintain the flow rate of the liquid zinc alloy.
Copyright notice: This article comes from https://plasticmachiningservice.com/